Ningaloo Reef Snorkel Adventure
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Exmouth, Western Australia
- Product code: PGV5HQ
Do you love snorkelling as much as we do? Or are you a novice snorkeller and would like professional guidance to enjoy the wonders of Ningaloo’s underwater world in a safe and inclusive manner?Our Ningaloo Reef Snorkel Adventure is a full day (7 hour) land-based tour, exploring some of Ningaloo’s best shore-based snorkel sites (a shore-based snorkel site is where you walk off the beach to enter the water, as opposed to entering the water from a boat or kayak). On this tour you will visit Turquoise Bay along with one other site – Oyster Stacks or Lakeside - your guide will choose, based on the conditions on the day.
Depending on the time of year, your day begins at either 7am (October 1 to April 30) or 8am (May 1 to September 30). Our expert guides will collect you from your accommodation and tell you all about the incredible Ningaloo Coast during the 45-minute drive to our first snorkel site. Your guides will plan the day based around the weather and tide forecast, to give you the best experience possible of shore-based snorkelling on Ningaloo Reef.
Upon arrival at your first snorkel site for the day, your guide will help to kit you out with all the necessary equipment: fitting you with a snorkel, mask and fins, wetsuit or long-sleeve sun shirt, and flotation aids if required.
Before entering the water, your guide will give you a thorough briefing on how to use your equipment safely and effectively, information on local conditions, hazards and minimal-impact snorkelling. It’s then time to slip beneath the surface and marvel at the incredible diversity of coral and marine life that Ningaloo Reef supports!
Your expert guide will be in the water with you to ensure your safety and point out things of interest. If you have never snorkelled with a guide before, you’ll be surprised at how much more you see with a pair of trained eyes by your side.
During the day you will enjoy morning tea and a picnic lunch. Your guides can answer any other questions you may have about this incredible world heritage-listed area. In the afternoon you’ll make the return journey to Exmouth town. Your guide will farewell you at your accommodation with a commitment to have the photos of your snorkel adventure uploaded for you to enjoy as soon as possible.
No snorkelling experience is necessary; our friendly guides will be with you every step of the way. However you will need at least an average level of fitness and basic level of swimming ability to enjoy this tour.
- Explore the underwater wonderland of Ningaloo Reef on this guided snorkel tour. Visit Turquoise Bay plus one other snorkel site – either Oyster Stacks or Lakeside – on this 7-hour tour.
- Complimentary photos - taken by your guide - will be available to view on Flickr after your experience
- Your guide will point out colourful fish and other marine life, stunning coral formations, and explain the interconnectedness of our amazing marine ecosystems
- Enjoy a morning tea and picnic lunch on the beach in between snorkels
- Snorkelling gear: Snorkel, mask, fins, wetsuits or long-sleeve sun shirts, flotation aids if requested
- Morning tea (snacks) and picnic lunch
- Sun shelter – small pop-up beach shade
Complimentary tour photos taken by your guide
- Sunscreen/zinc. Please consider using ‘reef safe’ sunscreen
- Full bottle of drinking water (your guide will have extra water for top ups)
- Please come dressed with your bathers under your clothes, as there limited facilities at some sites. You’ll need some sort of footwear (thongs, crocs, sandals)
- Camera, phone or Go Pro if you would like to take some of your own photos
Minimum number of people for tour departure to be confirmed: 4 people
Minimum age: 8 years old. We may be able to accommodate younger children (ages 6 and up), please contact us to discuss.
Novice snorkellers are welcome; pool noodles are available for extra flotation, and PFDs (lifejackets) are available on request.
Tour is operated in English only; participants must be able to understand English instructions for safety purposes.
Exmouth Adventure Co has a 72 hour cancellation policy. Cancellations made within 72 hours of tour departure will incur 100% of tour cost. Cancellations made outside of 72 hours will receive a refund, Minus any credit card or booking fees paid.
Exmouth Adventure Company tours are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers requirements. EAC reserves the right to cancel due to weather conditions, if minimum numbers have not been met, or for other unforeseen circumstances. Every effort will be made to re-schedule if this is the case, otherwise a refund, minus any credit card or booking fees paid, will be issued.