Coral By Kayak
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Exmouth, Western Australia
- Product code: PEKHMH
Your tour begins when we pick you up from your Exmouth accommodation just before 7am (October to March), or 11am (April to September). We then take the half hour drive around the NW Cape to the Tantabiddi boat ramp. Along the way your guide will fill you in on the unique human and natural history of this World Heritage-listed area, point out flora and fauna, and share stories about their experiences living and working in Exmouth and Ningaloo Reef.
Upon arrival, you'll be kitted out with all of the necessary equipment, and following a kayaking and safety briefing, paddle your double sit-on-top kayak out to the Tantabiddi Sanctuary zone, a trip of approximately 30 minutes, where you'll enjoy spotting beautiful corals under your kayak.
Once you are in the sanctuary zone, your guide will tie your kayak off to a dedicated 'kayak-only' mooring, and following a snorkel and safety briefing, you'll slide over the side of your kayak to enjoy the wonders below. Look out for huge porite coral 'bombie' formations, which are hundreds of years old; stunning blue/purple staghorn coral gardens; and colourful parrot fish and butterfly fish. With over 300 species of coral, and 500 species of fish calling Ningaloo Reef home, there's always something different and amazing to see. Your guide will be by your side every step of the way to point out marine life, take photos to share with you, and ensure that you are having the best experience possible.
When it's time to re-enter your kayak your guide will be there to lend a hand if necessary - don't worry - there's a few different techniques and tricks to getting back in easily, and most people find it much easier than anticipated.
You'll then take the 30 minute paddle back to shore to dry off, load your kayak back on the trailer, and make the return journey to Exmouth town. You guide will farewell you at your accommodation with a promise to have the photos of your adventure uploaded for you to enjoy as soon as possible.
- Enjoy the exhilarating experience of kayaking out to a snorkel site and snorkelling from your kayak
- Be amazed at the diversity of coral formations - large and small - whilst snorkelling, with some formations hundreds of years old
- Your guide will point out colourful fish and other marine life - there's always something different to see!
- Complimentary photos, taken by your guide, will be available to view after your experience - proof of your memorable experience
- Double sit-on-top sea kayaks
- PFDs (lifejackets)
- Snorkelling gear: Snorkel, mask, fins, wetsuits in season
- Polarised sunglasses - make spotting wildlife through the water way easier
- Long sleeve sun shirts, broad brim hats
- Dry bags for valuables
- Snacks to re-energise
- Pick up/drop off from your Exmouth town accommodation
- Complementary tour photos taken by your guide
- Drinking water
- Sunscreen - please consider using reef-safe sun protection products
- Bathers/ board shorts