5 Day Ultimate Safari | 5-Day Sea Kayak, Snorkel, Gorge Walk and Base Camp Tour
- Duration: 5 Days (approx.)
- Location: Exmouth, WA
- Product code: PC9PXN
Ningaloo Reef is one of the Earth last ocean paradises. Situated 1300km north of Perth, this World Heritage listed area boasts stunning marine ecosystems, contrasting with the raw beauty of Cape Range National Park. The reef is 320 km long and is Australia's largest fringing coral reef and the only large reef positioned very close to the mainland. It can range from 150 metres to 15 kilometres offshore and encompasses a massive 5,000 square kilometres of ocean, with 500 species of tropical fish and 220 species of coral in all. Ningaloo Reef is famous for swimming with whale sharks, its superb snorkelling, sea kayaking, and now the opportunity to swim with Humpback Whales in their natural environment.
Availability: Tours depart Sundays, weekly (subject to availability). Minimum of 4 people required to confirm tour departure.
Season: Late March to October
This tour is the ultimate way to experience the best of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park. Spend 5 days sea kayaking along the coast in the sheltered, turquoise lagoons of Ningaloo Reef, visiting numerous world-class snorkel sites along the way. You will travel in a one-way direction with the prevailing breeze, and return each night to our comfortable off-grid base camp. Take some short bush walks to explore the spectacular gorges of Cape Range National Park, and visit the informative displays of the Milyering Visitor Centre.
Sea Kayaking and Snorkelling: The sea kayaking takes place inside the fringing reef, where the lagoon is rarely more than 3m deep - perfect for spotting wildlife and snorkelling. After your guide gives you the all-important paddling instruction and safety talk, we launch the kayaks and travel along the coast at a relaxed pace, stopping on secluded beaches for morning tea and lunch as we go. We usually paddle the coastline from Yardie Creek in the south, and head north with the prevailing winds, usually finishing at Ned’s Camp or Mangrove Bay; sometimes we'll make it up as far as the Tantabiddi boat ramp.
Each day provides fantastic snorkelling opportunities. At some sites we land the kayaks on the beach and swim a short distance from shore, at other sites we anchor or moor the kayaks and slip over the side. We have discovered some excellent ‘un-named’ snorkel spots that are accessible only by kayak.
Each afternoon we lock up the kayaks on the beach and return by vehicle to our base camp, where (in between stories of the day!) you can take a solar shower, read a few pages of a good book, grab some snacks and a drink and settle in for a west coast sunset, or just relax and reflect on the beauty of your surroundings.
5-Day Ultimate Safari Base Camp: These 5 day tours are perfect for the person wanting to have an active holiday whilst still escaping to a relaxing place. Each night we camp out in spacious 'stand up' tents under the stars, yet have the luxury of our camper trailer and camp kitchen at base camp, so camping and cooking is easy. At base camp we have picnic tables and camp chairs, gas cookers, fridges, shade and wind shelter, toilet and solar showers: all the gear we need for comfortable camping (we even provide pillows). At the end of each day we drive back to our base camp, enjoy a fresh water wash, and over a few drinks and nibbles, enjoy the sunset. Base Camp is also close to some great bushwalking locations. We usually do the Yardie Creek gorge walk and Mandu Mandu Gorge walk, as well as taking a visit to the National Park Visitor Centre at Milyering. This tour is the complete package for those wishing to explore Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park!
Pick Up: Complimentary pick up from, and drop off to, your Exmouth accommodation
· Double sit-inside sea kayaks with rudder for comfortable cruising, paddles
· PFDs (life jackets)
· Long sleeve sun shirts, broad-brim hats,
· Snorkelling gear: snorkel, mask and fins, wetsuit in season
· Dry bags
· Comfortable camping gear: tents, swags, pillows, sleeping bags and liners, camp chairs, camper trailer with fridge, wind and shade shelter, picnic tables, toilet and solar showers
· Healthy and delicious food, drinks (alcohol not included, byo welcome)
· Transport to and from Cape Range National Park in our air-conditioned bus
· National Park entry and camping fees
· Qualified and experienced guides
· Complimentary tour photos.
· Drinking water (capacity for 2L)
· Sunglasses (polarised are great for seeing under the water)
· Sunscreen, zinc or SPF lip balm
· Camera (spare batteries, charger)
· Towel or sarong
· Gloves (optional: fingerless cycling or paddling gloves are great for sun protection)
· Footwear that may get wet (crocs, sandals etc)
· Bushwalking clothes: enclosed footwear (sneakers, hiking shoes/boots), shorts or lightweight trousers, t-shirt or lightweight long-sleeve shirt, daypack for carrying water and camera
· Head torch (spare batteries)
· Drinks for sunset happy hour
· Overnight bag with camp clothes, toiletries etc
· You can bring fishing gear too, however this is not a focus of our tours (please use lures rather than bait
FAQ: Minimum age is 12 years old. Non-swimmers are welcome, all guests wear PFDs (lifejackets) whilst kayaking and are welcome to wear them whilst snorkelling if needed. Minimum 4 persons needed to confirm tour departure. We usually paddle anywhere between 7 and 12 kms over the day, depending on the day's snorkelling opportunities, how the group is travelling and prevailing weather conditions. We aim to provide the opportunity for at least 2 snorkels at different locations throughout the day. This tour is ‘base camp’ style, meaning we return to the same comfortable camp site every afternoon via vehicle. All fresh water is carried into the camp by hand, so showering time is limited. There is no mobile phone reception in the tour area, we carry a satellite phone for emergencies. Limited facilities are available at base camp for charging of devices.
Ready to Book? Visit our website for secure online booking:
Want more info? Feel free to call or email the team at Exmouth Adventure Co if you have any questions:
Ph: +61 (0)477 685 123