Lagoon Explorer | Full Day Kayak & Snorkel Tour
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: Exmouth, WA
- Product code: PBPH28
Availability: Tours are available Monday to Saturday, subject to guide availability, weather conditions and minimum numbers. Minimum of 3 people required to confirm tour departure.
Please enquire about custom dates and custom or private tour options.
Season: Late March to late January
The Tour: The tour begins with pick-up from your Exmouth accommodation starting just before 8am. We then take the journey into Cape Range National Park. Depending on the launch site for the day, this may take 40 - 50mins. Upon arrival at the launch site, you will get fitted out with all the gear needed for the day, acquainted with your kayak, and your guide will give a safety briefing before heading out for the day.
Sea kayaking is a fantastic way to explore the sheltered lagoons and beautiful beaches of Ningaloo: you can paddle into paradise and leave the crowds behind. Along the way you'll look for turtles, rays, schools of fish, and coral life from your kayak. You may even see dugong and dolphins. Enjoy the contrasting scenery of reef and range that this UNESCO World Heritage-listed area offers - all from the best seat in the house.
Snorkelling is included in this tour, and depending on the day this may be shore-based snorkelling (where we pull the kayaks up on the beach and swim a short distance from shore), kayak-based snorkelling (where we tie off to a mooring buoy or drop an anchor and slide over the side of our kayaks), or a combination of both!
The paddling and snorkelling are complimented with stops on the beach for morning tea and lunch, which are prepared fresh by your guide. We aim to provide healthy and delicious food; specific dietary requirements can be catered for with ample notice.
Your guide will choose the tour destination on the day to give you the best experience, depending on prevailing environmental factors such as wind speed and direction, tidal movement and swell conditions. We usually explore the lagoon areas between Ned's Camp and Lakeside or between Osprey Bay and Pilgramunna.
No prior sea kayaking experience is necessary, our friendly guides will be with you every step of the way. You will need at least an average level of fitness to enjoy this tour.
Please note that we don't normally visit Turquoise Bay on this tour as it is a beach that many visitors to Ningaloo will visit independently. If you would like to visit Turquoise Bay on a guided tour, you may be interested in our Turquoise Bay Snorkelling Tour.
- Travel in your very own double sea kayak, and
get up close and personal with the amazing wildlife of Ningaloo. Turtles, rays,
and schools of jumping fish are often spotted from the kayaks. You may also see
dolphins or dugong (in season).
- Snorkel amongst the amazing coral and colourful
fish of Ningaloo Reef, and take the opportunity to snorkel from your kayak (if
conditions allow) – an experience you won’t soon forget!
- Pull up on beautiful sandy beaches for a
delicious morning tea and lunch, all freshly prepared by your guide
- Enjoy commentary on the history, culture and
natural wonders of the local area on the drive to our kayak launching spot on
- Double sit-inside sea kayaks, with rudder for
comfortable cruising, lifejackets (PFDs)
- Snorkel, mask and fins (you are welcome to bring
your own if you have them)
- Long sleeve sunshirts, broad brim hats, wetsuits
- Dry bags for valuables
- Morning tea and lunch (specific dietary
requirements can be catered for, please advise on booking)
- Transport to and from your Exmouth accommodation
- National Park entry fee
- Complimentary photos taken by your guide
- Sunglasses, sunscreen (please consider reef-friendly sun protection products)
- Drinking water
- Bathers, boardshorts, footwear (thongs, crocs,
From your Exmouth accommodation around 8.00am return around 4.00pm
Some of the measures that we are taking to protect our staff, customers and the Exmouth community during this time include:
- Extra precautions are being taken to sanitise our equipment between use, with no sharing of equipment. Guests are encouraged to bring their own equipment if possible (e.g. snorkel mask)
- Meals/snacks will be modified during this time. Instead of our usual 'picnic-style' shared meals, guides will be preparing and serving all snacks and meals individually
- Staff have successfully completed the WA Government’s AHA Hospitality & Hygiene COVID-19 Hygiene Course, we will have a nominated Hygiene Officer on all tours, and have detailed COVID Safety Plans in place
- Hand sanitizer will be available for guests to use throughout the tour/hire process
- Guests are encouraged to make bookings via phone, email or online instead of in person